Sunday, April 27, 2008

2008 Confirmation Trip to Washington DC







These images are from my weekend's trip to Washington DC with the confirmands of the charge I serve. It was my first time taking the kids from this charge to DC, a trip I first learned to do with Rev. Doug Clark at Shavertown UMC. I've adjusted the itinerary a little in my own version, but it is still a meaningful event.


I also took the opportunity to reconnect with an old friend from way back when I was a winery tour guide in the Napa Valley, and we both marveled at how neither of us expected to be on this side of the country, being in the places in life we are now in. But we're both pretty happy with where we did end up.


The trip is a visit to the Washington National Cathedral in the morning, and the Holocaust Museum in the afternoon. Unbeknownst to me, the town we were hosted in is an important area for United Methodist history, and were were able to give attention to that history before church on Sunday morning. Considering that the trip is part of the educational content for confirmands that I teach, can you figure out what the theme is? They have until May 11 to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment