Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Staff page: Getting to Know You

I recently found a info page for a fellow novice Benedictine Oblate in Florida. I thought it was a nice little page to have available to introduce yourself internet style, so I am stealing it. Thanks to Kim Uchimura, St. Andrews' UMC, Brandon, FL.

Full Name: William Andrew Cottle, Jr.
But Please Call Me: Drew
Position: Pastor
Born where: Napa, CA,
Family Facts: Wife, Donna. Children: Josiah, 8. My mother, Sandy Williams, also lives with me.
Education: A.A., Napa Valley College (CA), 1991; B.A., University of Delaware, 1995. M.Div., Perkins School of Theology, SMU, Dallas, TX, 1999.
How I became a Christian: I was baptised in 1991 at Morningstar church in Napa, CA. I found a religious home with the United Methodist church the next year at the Wesley Foundation at the University of Delaware.
How I ended up on the Center Moreland Charge: I was appointed in July, 2007.
The most important thing I do around here is: Try to stay ahead of both congregations!

Favorites
Music:
U2, Billy Crockett, Irish/Celtic music, Iona, Springsteen, African-American Gospel.
Movie: Field of Dreams, Dead Poet's Society, Stealing Home.
TV Show: Top Gear, Grey's Anatomy, Anthony Bourdain No Reservations, Ace of Cakes
Food: Chocolate, seafood, chicken.
Place to vacation: Cape Cod, Jim Thorpe.
Place to eat: Romano's Macaroni Grill, Katana and Thai Thai in Wilkes Barre.
How I spend my free time: playing mandolin, going to movies, naps, reading brain candy, walking, riding my bike.
Best books I've read recently: Eat Pray Love, Christ of the Celts, Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels.
Prized possessions: my mandolin, my family, my library.
Nobody knows that I . . .: would love to be a chaplain for NASA.
Hero I'd most like to meet: Story Musgrave, astronaut, and the whole band of U2. Bono's great and all, but I am also interested in having a pint with Adam Clayton, someday.
My vision for the future of Center Moreland UMC is: for the church to be its best self as a Methodist church, accepting all as our open communion table testifies, and making disciples for Jesus Christ. To continue to grow through the formation of the praise band and younger adult ministries.
My vision for Dymond Hollow UMC is: to do more than just exist; to thrive through our unique ministry of our open table, to make disciples of Jesus Christ, and to continue to be distinctive through our music ministry.
Ways folks can pray for me are: to pray for my health, that I keep a proper perspective and balance between family, self, and work.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished "Eat Pray Love" last night. It blew my mind. I think I need to read it again. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, too!

    Have you read "The Year of Living Biblically" by AJ Jacobs?

    ReplyDelete