Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Frustrating Limitations of the Human Body

OK, so here it is September, and last winter and spring was one big ball of pain, humility, pride reduction and whatever. Left foot, left ankle, left leg, right knee. I wasn't as healthy as I wanted to be. Then I move to a new place, am the pastor of two new wonderful churches who I am really growing to love, and here I am, getting my foot x-rayed yesterday and getting a prescription for VICODIN (!!!!!!!) today. Don't know what I did, but it was to the one appendage on my legs that hadn't yet been traumatized this year.

This bites. I hate coedine. My right foot doesn't care, it's going to get relief soon. It's all swelled up like a kielbasa. It's ALMOST enough to swear you off kielbasa, but not quite. Soon it isn't going to care whether it's swelled up or not, but I am not going to be able to keep a disciplined train of thought. Yeah, great place for a resident theologian and shepherd to have his brain.

Hopefully I'll find out what the X rays will say tomorrow. They were taken yesterday. How long does it bloody take?

No comments:

Post a Comment