Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Retreat Woes

So, here is my dilemma. I would like to take about four days and spend them in intensive spiritual attention. I've already aranged for the preacher to substitute for me, and the fam has made other plans because I would be away.

I was originally going to go to Minnesota to attend a meeting of the Northumbria Community, as they try to figure out how to live alone together in the US (they are English in origin and Celtic in philosophy), but the costs were too high.

So, with admittedly late notice, I wrote to Weston Priory in Vermont, where I went last year.
I just heard today that they do not have space.

So, I am at a loss to try to do something that is spiritually centered and moderately cheap. Ideally, it would be great to be in a place or a space where there is already a group of people focused on prayer and meditation and study.

I'd prefer not to be on solitary retreat.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment